Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Old learning, new experience

This was my second week at bank for internship. I was asked by a concerned person to change my department for further learning but I personally wanted to be at the same place for the rest of the job, for no other reason but I got a comfort zone at that department. And God listened to me and I stayed at the same department. Now I learnt many things here. Good experiences are obvious but you learn more from bad experiences. I learned much more, made new friends but the work place politics was the very reason of disappointment. I’ve been persecuted many times for being a Christian citizen, but my supervisor was a neutral man, he never done anything that reminds me of a fact that I belongs to minorities’ community, and this is the reason i respect him the most.
Well, I started feeling embarrassed when people started asking me to change my department. I don’t understand what their problem is. On the first day, when I was new, no one agreed to make me work for them, frankly speaking there was only one man, Asif sahib who worked with me, who taught me, who actually took the risk of letting me work on his login, knowing that I may make mistakes, he trusted on my abilities, and now when his department needs extra help, how can i leave him. Now to see me work everyone else was may be jealous but I’ll not go anywhere unless Mr. Asif is back to normal routine.
It is a natural phenomenon that no one can see a junior or an intern working smoothly and happily and they think that I am a small little girl, as I look. People need to understand that everyone is not what they think; everything that shines is not glitter. I have more experience of observing and responding to internal politics of a work place than they think I have. And I’m here for some reason, not because they give me food to eat :-p every time I see other interns they are chatting, having tea, and all. Don’t worry guys, I’ll not leave my morals but I’ll show you how dangerous a double face girl can be. As far as working is concerned, I spent golden week. Although, the managerial perspective this bank is damn bad but I loved this week. Currently it’s just an internship, I believe to change a system you need to go to the top before speaking, right words, right place and now I am damn interested to change it!
I’ll update again what happened next.

Till then stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment